He Put a Ring on it

Many people have not yet heard the story about how James popped the big question....
So... here it goes. 

How James pulled off the world's biggest surprise:

Last Sunday evening, James said that we should do something fun the next day before he had to work. It had been awhile since we had been able to go on a nice date together.... He also asked me if I wanted to go Ring Shopping as a part of our date too. 
I looooved that idea. We had never gone looking at rings together before, so I was over the moon about the idea!

So.... Monday comes and we head out to go to lunch at Red Fuego {a favorite of ours}
After lunch we went to 4 or 5 different ring stores around town and it was a blast. Our future was becoming even more real as we experienced choosing rings that we liked together. 

After ring shopping, we had some time before James had to go to work. It was a nice day out, so we decided to go for a walk in downtown Provo and around the Provo City Center Temple {something we do often}
We began walking around. It was such a beautiful day. As we came around the temple, James noticed a photographer friend of mine taking pictures of some girls. 
He said, "Hey that looks like your friend Ciara."

As we got closer I was able to tell that it was her! So we walked over and said hello and she told us the she was taking pictures of these girls for their mission. After chatting for a second, Ciara said she needed to get back to taking their pictures. 
Before walking away,  James asked if we could go over where those girls were standing {I assumed it was for a picture, cause we're always taking pictures together everywhere we go}

As we went over to that spot, James held my hand and said, "This is my favorite spot"
I asked him why... and his response was, "Because I am here with you!"
As he said that he began to get down on one knee..... and opened a little box with the most beautiful ring inside...
“Jacey will you marry me?”

I was 100% sure that I was going to pass out hahaha I definitely did NOT see that one coming! 
WE HAD JUST GONE RING SHOPPING.
 I was so shocked I felt like I didn't even have words in my mouth to say yes because I was too busy trying to process what the actual heck was happening!

I had already started crying in disbelief. 
And I just kept saying "Oh my gosh, James! What the! How!"

James had the biggest smile on his face.

But I finally found the words and I told him YES!

Then he asked, "So can I put this ring on your finger now or what?"
I laughed and grabbed his face to kiss him {he definitely deserved it} and he stood up to give me a giant hug.
Then that beautiful ring went on my finger!

The girls that Ciara had been taking pictures of {turns out they were just random girls that she saw walking around and asked to take fake photos of until James and I arrived} started cheering for us.
James and Ciara were laughing because he got me goooood.

It turns out, James had already bought a ring LAST WEEK.

He planned taking me ring shopping to A.) throw me off the scent .... which it most definitely did.... and B.) so that I could still have had the experience of ring shopping together. Even though he had already picked one out.

I was shaking so much I couldn't even hold my hand still to take a picture. I was still in shock that that had just happened...We were ENGAGED now!

James loved every second of it all. He felt like {and still feels like} the biggest genius ever for his plan, and for pulling off a total surprise like that.

And I do have to give him props. He did good ;)

James Harding is the sweetest man I have ever known. He planned out the most extraordinary day for such a special moment. And I will never ever forget it. 

Life is better when you get to marry your best friend.

~The Hardings~
August 11, 2018






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letting Go of Regrets

This is Us

Surprise!