From the East to the West

Moving out to Utah was a huge decision! And it is far away from my family... 2,000 miles far away to be pretty accurate. But it's where I needed to end up to open up the next chapter of my life!

We packed up the family car, and Drove... yeah.. we drove.. 2,000 miles.. to Orem, Utah.. LONGEST TRIP OF MY LIFE.

This is the last picture I took from my little small town back in Kentucky. Look it up, it was voted The Most Beautiful Small Town in America. My last walk down main street before I left it. Never thought that i'd miss this little town, but I'm on to new things :)



 These two pictures were THE WORST part of the journey, don't let the pretty pictures deceive you.... Kansas... holy moley... Kansas NEVER ended. And it was all flat boring farmland. No cities. No nothing. No exaggeration, Kansas felt like an eternity to get through. Not to mention we got attacked by a huge hail storm with jumbo hail bouncing all off of our car in a Walmart parking lot. 

After Kansas, we stopped in Colorado to take a break from years of driving at some of our extended family's house. Thank goodness we got to be out of that car.

Took off again.. with the destination only 7 hours ahead!

Getting closer!! The abundance of canyons and mountains were a good sign that Utah was coming up soon.


FINALLY!! After days of driving and traveling, I was in the place where I'd start something new! And I couldn't be happier! Seeing that sign was so exciting! I'd made it! 
I'm so so grateful for my family for making that journey for me to take me so far away, even though they had to drive back home a couple weeks after, I'm glad they always support me!

2,000 miles, and many states later... I've got things to do and new things to discover here.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letting Go of Regrets

This is Us

He Put a Ring on it